Damian Conway in Wellington for Bioinformatics conference

Grant McLean Grantm at web.co.nz
Wed Jan 8 19:49:53 CST 2003

Hi Mongers

I received the following announcement to pass on to the list
from Andrew Macgregor...

-------------------------

I just wanted to let you know about a conference we are running in
Wellington in February.

As part of the conference we have a one day tutorial by Damian Conway
who I am sure you will know (he's working with Larry Wall on Perl 6).
The conference and tutorial is aimed at bioinformatics users but the
tutorial itself is on Parsing with Regexes so obviously can be applied
to anything.

So if you are interested in the opportunity to see one of Perl's top
speakers, take a look at the conference site. Cost is $450 ($250 for
students). Damian will be fresh from the O'Reilly Bioinformatics
Conference in San Diego where he is giving the same tutorial.

<http://bioconf.otago.ac.nz>

regards, Andrew.

PS: Feel free to pass this message on to any perl people out there!!

Andrew Macgregor
Bioinformatics Programmer & Database Administrator
Molecular Embryology Group
Department of Anatomy & Structural Biology
University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
andrew.macgregor at stonebow.otago.ac.nz
Telephone: +64 3 479 7873
http://anatomy.otago.ac.nz/meg
http://bioconf.otago.ac.nz