XML::RSS

Ewen McNeill ewen at naos.co.nz
Thu Apr 24 05:56:09 CDT 2003

In message <1051180865.2041.47.camel at argon>, "James @bigfoot.com" writes:
>On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 20:15, Ewen McNeill wrote:
>> For instance, suppose that you create a "local-libs" directory under the
>> cgi-bin directory, and have:
>>
>> ..../cgi-bin/local-libs/XML/RSS.pm
>
>Wouldn't it be just as easy to put XML::RSS module in the cgi-bin.
>Wouldn't that in the @inc path?

You can't just put RSS.pm in the cgi-bin directory, and expect to do
"use XML::RSS".  Even if the cgi-bin directory were in the @INC path
(which it might be either in the website's perl setup, or via "." being
in the @INC path, and it being the current directory at invocation
time), Perl is still going to want to see the directory structure.

You might be able to get away with:

..../cgi-bin/XML/RSS.pm

but personally I'd find that a bit messy if I had to deal with a bunch
of libraries "included" like that.

Ewen