[Vladivostok.pm] Larry said

Илья forihrd at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 18:28:06 PDT 2008

Восхитивший меня ответ Larry :)

> Is there any confluence between things perl and things found in the
> literature on partial evaluation (e.g., John Launchbury's thesis, papers
> etc.) ?

Beats me.  Speaking for myself, there's too much literature and not
enough time, so I mostly just ignore the literature and try to invent
the things Perl needs, or find better ways of incorporating ideas
already percolating in the Perl community.  Then when someone like
you points out something related in the literature, it sometimes
happens that someone (usually someone other than me) will go off
somewhere and read some of it and report if there are some good ideas
to steal somehow.  :)