[Vlaanderen] FOSDEM 2012

Claudio Ramirez padre.claudio at apt-get.be
Fri Oct 21 01:11:51 PDT 2011

Hi,

** Writing in English because I am posting to both Belgian pm lists **

Next week is the deadline for the request of a dev room at FOSDEM 2012
(the first deadline on the calender):

2011-10-27: Deadline for devroom requests
2011-11-06: Deadline for main track talk requests
No deadline yet: Booth

So I have two questions:

1. Is it OK if I do the paperwork for the devroom?
The combination of full time work, PhD and young kids does not leave a
lot of time on my hands, so I need to be sure to have the support of
the Belgian mongers for the FOSDEM weekend.

2. The deadline for the main track is also pretty close. Can you
contact your Perl contacts to see if someone is interesting in giving
a talk in the *main* track of FOSDEM? The presence of Perl people may
be a convincing argument for people to talk on a non-Perl conference.
Info on type of talk: http://www.fosdem.org/2012/call-main-track

Thank you (and please reply),

Claudio