[Vlaanderen] BPW 2010 Call for Papers

DirkDn ddn123456 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 23:16:06 PST 2010

Hi,

Since our country survived so far the winter, we have been discussing
a lot about the 3rd Belgian Perl Workshop.

Well here is the official Call For Papers.

The BPW is planned for June 26 2010 in the uptown user-friendly part
of Brussels.

The theme for this year's workshop is "The Renaissance of Perl", which
we hope will inspire submissions on this and related topics. Also it
gives any speaker a very good opportunity to practise a talk for
YAPC::EU 2010 ;-)

We are currently looking for speakers (and attendees of course also ;-) ).

As discussed in the past at the previous YAPC and/ or workshops, you
have expressed the interest to practice your talk before a small and
friendly audience in Brussels before facing the vast masses of perl
hackers at YAPC::EU 2010 :-) Well here's the opportunity.

2 rooms (80/40 persons are available.)

Talk Types

         o Perl Tech Topics: Introduction   (Beginner's-, Intermediate
Level)  (Perl 5 & 6)
         o Perl Tech Topics: Advanced.     (Advanced, Expert Level)
        (Perl 5 & 6)
         o Perl Yet Another Talk
         o Perl Lightning Talks
         o BOFs

We will accept these two presentation formats:

A standard talk is the preferred format.
This gives enough time to introduce a topic, presenting it with some
slides, and a coverage of the main points leading up to later,
hopefully more in-depth, discussions (possibly at a BOF). The duration
of a standard talk is 30 minutes. If your talk is much longer than 30
minutes, please consider breaking it into 30-minute parts, to
accommodate our schedule.

A lightning talk is a brief talk that focus on a single example, idea,
project, module or technique.
Lightning talks do not attempt to cover all aspects of their
respective topics, but rather presents a facet of the idea clearly and
succinctly. Lightning talks are an excellent forum for first-time
speakers. The duration of a lightning talk is 5 minutes.

Please include the following with your abstract:

   *  A little information about yourself (and possibly an image of
your choosing - preferably of yourself).
   *  An indication of preferred language and possible languages the
presentation can be given in.
   *  An indication of the length of the presentation, whether this is
a standard 30-minute talk, or a 5-minute lightning talk.
   *  A listing of any requirements you might have for doing your
presentation. We will try to accommodate your request. Projectors will
be available for all talks.

We might want to arrange a BOF as a follow-up to a talk and hope that
speakers will welcome this and participate.

We plan on doing audio and/or video recordings of the presentations,
and making these available on our website. If you have issues with
this, please let us know in advance.

Thank you, we hope you will participate either as a speaker or as an attendee.

Proposals can be submitted for the moment at www.perlworkshop.be.

If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us
on belgianperlworkshop2010 at gmail.com.

Hoping to see you there!
Cheers.

Dirk De Nijs