[Vienna-pm] three-lobed screws

Josef e9427749 at stud4.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Nov 21 05:51:24 PST 2012

Am 20.11.2012 15:27, schrieb Roland Lammel:
> Checked my arsenal of drivers... sorry, it seems I'm definitly no master of
> evil.

The same is true for my arsenal.
At least here in vienna no tri-wing is included.

But most kettle have - beside the normal autooff by reaching the
temperature - a additional thermal fuse (for protecting your
holdings and your live). This can react because of lime, to much
use (in the case you drink tea as fast as it can cook), or misuse
(cooking soup or spaghetti in it).

This fuses are autoreseting after hours.
So, have you tested it again?
Maybe the problem is gone without need of intervention.

Also sometimes the contacts of the switch makes troubles.
And switching multiple times on and off the unplugged
device can maybe help.

> Conrad is selling those as single "bit" driver. So in case noone has one as
> part of their bit driver sets that's your best chance.

Also "Zgonc", "Pezold" in the Neustiftgasse, and maybe also
the "Goldene Kugel" in the Wiedner Hauptstrasse, are valuable
places to try to get such stuff.

> On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Nicholas Clark<nick at ccl4.org>  wrote:
>> So, I think the element on our kettle has blown.

If the previous tipps does not help, the chances are very high that
your analysis is correct.
And normally the heating element is not replaceable anyway, nor
is it possible to access the thermal wire and fix it.

So after all:
Nice kettles can be found at "Leiner" (e.g. at Mariahilfer Strasse)
even this is a furniture shop the assortment is better as in MediaMarkt.
Also the discounter "Lidl" have actually a cheap
electric tea cooker (15euro).

so long,
   Josef