[Vienna-pm] Fwd: 2009 QA Hackathon - The Dates

Thomas Klausner domm at cpan.org
Fri Dec 5 06:17:48 PST 2008

----- Forwarded message from Barbie <barbie at missbarbell.co.uk> -----

From: Barbie <barbie at missbarbell.co.uk>
Subject: [pm_groups] 2009 QA Hackathon - The Dates
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 08:36:30 +0000
To: pm_groups at pm.org

Following the initial announcement at YAPC::Europe [1], Birmingham Perl
Mongers [2] are pleased to announce that the 2009 QA Hackathon will be
held over 3 days:

*** Saturday March 28th to Monday March 30th 2009 ***

Our wiki - http://qa-hackathon.org - is now live, so please feel free to
sign-up and add details about yourself if you want to be involved,
suggest projects or people for the event. We are hoping to attract about
15-20 people with plans to hack on various QA/testing projects, so if
you think you can contribute something, or would like to nominate
someone, please feel free to update the Attendees [4] page with contact
details, etc. Also if you think a particular project should be covered,
please add a page for it and tell us about it.

We are also looking for sponsors [5] for the event, and although we have
already contacted a few, we are eager to have more in the event we are
able to provide funding for more attendees, particularly from overseas.
If you have a contact for us, please send an email to
organisers at qa-hackathon.org with details. We are delighted to have $foo
Magazin [6] sponsor us, as well Birmingham Perl Mongers [2], who are
underwriting the complete event.

Negotiations for venue and accommodation are ongoing, so we'll make
those known once they are finalised. We would like to have everyone
together, so if you're planning to bring your partner/family with you,
please add a note to your entry in the Attendees [4] page, so we can
make sure we allocate rooms for everyone. Expect more news regarding the
venue and accommodation in the new year.

[1] http://www.yapceurope2008.org
[2] http://birmingham.pm.org/
[3] http://qa-hackathon.org
[4] http://qa-hackathon.org/wiki/Attendees