[Vienna-pm] Vienna.pm Winter of Code

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Fri Nov 2 17:17:53 PDT 2007

[Sorry for the replies in English, but I think it's more efficient and
less likely to introduce error if I write in English. Feel free to reply in
German]

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 03:51:25PM +0100, Michael Krll wrote:

> Thomas Klausner wrote:

> > JedeR (mit PAUSEID, oder Besucher der YAPC) kann Leute vorschlagen, die
> > fuer irgendwelche Taten Geld bekommen sollen. JedeR (siehe oben) kann
> > dann drueber abstimmen, wer gewinnen soll. Die 3 Leute/Projekte mit den
> > meisten Stimmen bekommen das Geld.
>
> Das ist m.E. ein schwieriges Thema, da das erwähnte Problem der
> Sub-Community "Unterwanderung"/Steuerung sicher ein sehr gegenwärtiges
> sein wird. Die Abstimmung kann dann um Eindeutigkeit zu gewährleisten
> auch nicht anonym bleiben, da wir auch wenn wir One-Time-Tokens
> verwenden, diese immer via E-Mail individuell verschicken müssten. Wenn
> dann an einer solchen Abstimmung ein paar Tausend Euro drann hängen,
> finde ich das noch weniger toll.

If there is going to be voting, I think that it would be far better to be by
YAPC attendees, rather than PAUSE IDs, as ultimately it's the YAPC attendees'
money. (well, was). I'm not sure if it would be better to restrict it to those
who attended (and hence contributed to the auction and hence the surplus), or
keep it open to all (as the non-attendees effectively contributed to the
surplus by sponsoring the attendees' dinner). Probably easier to be inclusive.

I suspect that the most secure way of voting would be to add a plugin to ACT,
as that already can authenticate everyone securely and unambiguously.
Yes, this would be programming :-(

Nicholas Clark