[Vienna-pm] Fwd: YAPC::Europe Update

Thomas Klausner domm at cpan.org
Wed Jul 11 11:18:20 PDT 2007

----- Forwarded message from Thomas Klausner <domm at cpan.org> -----

From: Thomas Klausner <domm at cpan.org>
Subject: [Conferences] YAPC::Europe Update
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 20:13:26 +0200
To: conferences at yapceurope.org

Hi!

As we've been a bit lax with sending out updates to you, here's a quick
update on recent happenings regarding YAPC::Europe 2007

The schedule is still not done (this is *hard* work), but in the
meantime you check out this page:
  http://vienna.yapceurope.org/ye2007/talks
In fact, we are busy working on it at this moment and  expect the
schedule to be ready in a few days maximum.

We welcome our new sponsors VeriSign and heise online:

VeriSign, Inc. (NASDAQ: VRSN) operates digital infrastructure that
  enables and protects billions of interactions every day across the
  world's voice and data networks. Every day, we process as many as 31
  billion Internet interactions and support over 100 million phone
  calls.

  We offer solutions that help companies to deliver integrated marketing
  campaigns and mobile content across the three screens of personal
  computers, mobile phones, and television sets. Our solutions help
  organizations to deliver emerging services such as mobile banking,
  voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), and video over broadband. We
  provide layered security solutions that protect an organization's
  consumers, brand, Web site, and network. Our digital certificates
  protect over 750,000 Web servers.

heise online (www.heise.de) is the foremost German-language IT news
  portal. The site's "Newsticker" and forum often elicit comparisons to
  Slashdot. But it also features sections on i.e.  security, open
  source, and even automobiles, attracting over 24 million visits and
  160 million page impressions per month.

  Perl plays a huge role, being responsible for about 98% of content
  delivery and 85% of content creation. The programming team consists of
  8 Perl developers, more are actively being sought. The site is
  operated by Heise Zeitschriften Verlag, publisher of the highly
  revered computer magazine c't.

Both will also take part in the Job Fair.

We also have finalised the t-shirt designs, which are very nice (or so
we think...)
BTW, please add your t-shirt size to your user page on the website (if
you haven't got a user page yet, stop reading this email NOW, and
register!!)

If you haven't booked a hotel room yet, please do so. You can check out
our Wiki to find where other people are staying:
http://vienna.yapceurope.org/ye2007/wiki?node=WhoIsStayingWhere
And/or use the services of our sponsor booking.com to find a place to stay.

On a personal note, I will leave for one month of holidays in Mongolia
in two days. Please do NOT send any questions you might have to my
private email address, but use the official YAPC::Europe 2007 address:
  vienna2007 at yapceurope.org
All messages sent to this address will end up in RT and can then be
handled by the entire team.

And finally something not YAPC::Europe related: There's now an
"official" Perl 5 Wiki at
http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl5/index.cgi
As Schwern said:
  Please feel free to add or modify pages -- even this one -- as you see
  fit. Fill this wiki with Perl 5 related content. Be Bold!

Looking forward to see you all,
Thomas Klausner
(who won't read any mail in the next 30 days :-)

--
#!/usr/bin/perl                              http://domm.plix.at

----- End forwarded message -----

--