[Vienna-pm] svn server fuer vienna.pm

Roland Lammel rl at brabbel.net
Fri Dec 7 04:22:37 PST 2007

On Dec 5, 2007 1:46 PM, maximilian attems <max at stro.at> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 01:39:13PM +0100, Jozef Kutej wrote:
> > Ev koennte auch jede Projekt ein eigenes Repo sein?
> >
> > We are using one big repository for small projects (more then 100 of
> > them) and only if it's some big tools we create a separate repository (4
> > of them). It is overkill to create repository for every single one.
>
> no it is not.
> if you want to switch to a *real* rcs aka a distributed one,
> you have a much easier start with small separate repos.

No religious wars necessary ;-) Both are real scm systems, only with
different aspects and focus.

I actually prefer the one, I have less work with, so that would be svn, as I
con't know git (yet).

How is the status of the windows version for git? Are there graphical
frontends available too?

Is there a svn to git converter available?

We also have to make sure, that all "Vereinsdaten" are pushed to our git
repos on the server and kept there (and are not distributed to other server,
which might become inaccessible). Guess that's no problem, right?

(Sorry for those probably dumb question, but hey, never thought about that
with subversion)

Cheers

+rl

> > Wer darf wo commiten / lesen? Wie wird das gemanaged?
>
> typical problem of a central repo.
> for a shared git repo that would be anyone who is group member of it.
>
> for separeted repos you should get a home dir with only you able
> to push there.
>
>  regards
>
> --
> maks

Roland Lammel

"Enjoy your job, make lots of money, work within the law. Choose any two."