[Vienna-pm] svn server fuer vienna.pm

Jozef Kutej jozef at kutej.net
Wed Dec 5 04:39:13 PST 2007

Ev koennte auch jede Projekt ein eigenes Repo sein?

We are using one big repository for small projects (more then 100 of
them) and only if it's some big tools we create a separate repository (4
of them). It is overkill to create repository for every single one.

Wer darf wo commiten / lesen? Wie wird das gemanaged?

We have one htpasswd file for authentication and then we grant access to
ro/rw using svn apache per directory (also per repository) access
control -
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch06s04.html#svn-ch-6-sect-4.4.2

They say it slows down svn a little bit but i think for a few
commits/checkout (per minute...) it is more then fine.

Have a nice day.

Jozef.