[Vienna-pm] Fwd: Registrations are open for OSDC 2006

Thomas Klausner domm at cpan.org
Tue Oct 3 04:33:42 PDT 2006

Hi!

Falls es jemanden in die Ferne zieht...

----- Forwarded message from Scott Penrose <scottp at dd.com.au> -----

From: Scott Penrose <scottp at dd.com.au>
Subject: [pm_groups] Registrations are open for OSDC 2006
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 11:59:31 +1000
To: Perl Monger Group Leaders <pm_groups at pm.org>

Registrations are open for the Open Source Developers' Conference 2006:
http://www.osdc.com.au/registration/index.html Book before 31st
October to
save $50 and get a free conference t-shirt!

The Open Source Developers' Conference is an Australian conference
covering
talks about software development for open source languages and projects;
regardless of operating system. The technical program is running from
6th -
8th December 2006 and will be held in Melbourne, Victoria (at Monash
University's Caulfield Campus). We are planning to have 3 streams of
talks
over the three days with combined keynotes at the start and end of each
day. Morning and afternoon teas, and lunch will be provided. A
conference
dinner will be held on the night of the 6th.

Talks this year include:

     - "Mono - Migrating from Windows to Linux" by Dr. Trent Mifsud,
       Lecturer for the Faculty of Information Technology, Monash
University

     - "Data Warehousing HOWTO" by Evan Leybourn, Director of Looking
Glass
       Solutions

     - "J2EE and Open Source Innovation: The Relationship between Open
       Source and Standards" by Keith Pitty, Senior Consultant at Cirrus
       Technologies Pty Ltd

     - "Enterprise PHP" by Thorsten Rinne, Software Developer at
Mayflower
       GmbH / ThinkPHP

     - "Obfuscation, Golfing and Secret Operators in Perl" by Jos?
Castro,
       Team Leader at log

     - "A Rails/Django Comparison" by Alan Green, Cirrus Technologies
and
       Ben Askins, Sterland Computing

For a full list please visit:
http://osdc2006.cgpublisher.com/session_descriptions.html

Conference keynote presentors include Damian Conway, Randal L. Schwartz,
Richard Farnsworth and others. On the 5th of December we are running a
number of short tutorials. These cover Cascading Style Sheets, Open
Source
Python GIS Hacks, Testing Web Applications with Perl, a Drupal
Tutorial, an
Introduction to Perl Template Toolkit and Building Large Scale Web Apps.
For more information please visit:
http://www.osdc.com.au/papers/tutorials.html

We look forward to sharing this great conference with you.

Scott
--
* - *  http://www.osdc.com.au - Open Source Developers Conference * - *
Scott Penrose
scottp at dd.com.au

Dismaimer: If you receive this email in error - please eat it
immediately to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands.

Please do not send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.

Microsoft is not the answer. It's the question. And the answer is no.

Request pm.org Technical Support via support at pm.org

pm_groups mailing list
pm_groups at pm.org

----- End forwarded message -----