[Vienna-pm] Perl 5 vs. Perl 6

Peter J. Holzer hjp at wsr.ac.at
Fri Mar 4 11:28:40 PST 2005

 Programming in Perl 5 is like exploring a large medieval castle,
 surrounded by a dark, mysterious forest, with something new and
 unexpected around each corner. There are dragons to be conquered,
 maidens to be rescued, and holy grails to be quested for. Lots of fun.

 Perl 6 looks like a Louis-XVI castle and garden to me. Straight,
 symmetric, and bright. There are wigs to be powdered, minuets to be
 danced, all quite boring.

    -- Abigail, zitiert von Autrijus Tang in
       http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2005/03/03/pugs_interview.html
       (Der Rest des Interviews ist übrigens auch lesenswert)

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer \Beta means "we're down to fixing misspelled comments in
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR     \the source, and you might run into a memory leak if
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ \write your plugins upside-down in lisp". --ae at op5.se