[Vienna-pm] YAPC::EU::2005 Call for Papers

Thomas Klausner domm at zsi.at
Wed Jan 5 08:24:16 PST 2005

Yay! Wiedermal YAPC!

----- Forwarded message from Jose Castro <jac at natura.di.uminho.pt> -----

Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 10:29:16 +0000
From: Jose Castro <jac at natura.di.uminho.pt>
To: conferences at yapceurope.org
Subject: YAPC::EU::2005 Call for Papers

This is the first Call for Papers for YAPC::EU::2005

Location: University of Minho, Braga, Portugal

Dates: 31 of August to 2 September of 2005.

Important deadlines:

	* Proposal Submission Deadline: Sunday, May 15th 2005 Speaker
	* Notification: Monday, Sunday, June 19th 2005 Papers/Slides
	* for Proceedings: Sunday, July 31th 2005

The theme for this year's conference is "Perl Everywhere"; we are therefore
looking for talks on this topic. Show us on which platforms you use Perl and
what for. We will also, of course, accept talks on topics that are not related
to the theme.

If you have an idea for a talk you'd like to give, or a topic you'd like to
hear a talk on, you should post a synopsis on our conference wiki
(http://braga.yapceurope.org/index.cgi?TalkProposals) to see what others think.
Proposed talks with a favourable response on the wiki have a better chance of
getting accepted!

Please submit your proposals to no later than midnight GMT on Sunday, May 15th.
Each submission should be for only one talk, and should include a brief bio,
the talk title, the proposed length for the talk, and a brief description of
it. An outline of the main points can also be helpful, and is required for
tutorial proposals. Each speaker may submit as many talks as he/she wants to.

All speakers will have their registration fee waived.

We will be offering a number of time-slots for talks:

Standard: 20 minutes

This is the preferred format. It is expected that the majority of talks will be
of this length.

Long : 40 minutes

Long talks are reserved for experienced speakers covering large topics. If you
have an in-depth topic you would like to present in some detail, perhaps with
considerable discussion, a double-slot may be available. However you should
also consider splitting it into two standard talks (perhaps an introduction and
a more advanced talk).

Tutorial: 3 hours (including break)

Half-day tutorials. These tutorials tend to cover a wide range of material on a
certain aspect of Perl programming. For example, an XML tutorial could cover
XML basics, to writing XML, to parsing XML, to practical uses of XML.

Conference organisers reserve the right to change the length assigned to a
talk, if deemed appropriate.

Some notes:

Please distribute to your local Perl Monger groups, to your friends and whoever
you find appropriate.

We apologize if you receive this more than once, we're merely trying to get
through to as many people as possible.

--
Jose Alves de Castro <cog at cpan.org>
      http://jose-castro.org/