[Vienna-pm] Entwurf: Perl Workshop Call for Papers

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Tue Feb 10 16:48:58 CST 2004

mit Hilfe von babelfish und domm:

----- schnipp -----
Austrian perl worksop
=====================

>From 20th to 22th May vienna.pm together with 5uper.net present
the first Austrian Perl Workshop.

Programme
=========

The programme is a work in progress (please send talks etc)
We expect a schedule roughly:

20.5.: Perl Culture - The Culture of Perl
	 Perl employed in cultural projects, perl culture, obfuscations,
	 generative art
21.5.: Perl in daily employment
	 Diverse application from small to large, CPAN modules, etc
22.5.: Parrot / Perl6
         Leo Tötsch is giving a Parrot Tutorial, to be followed by general
         hacking!

We need talks !!
================

In order to have a workshop at all, we need talks. A talk should be between
5 and 60 minutes long, and preferably cover one of the workshop's topics.
My (domm) opinion is that short presentations about "non-professional" topics
are interesting, so don't be shy..

Send talk ideas to the list or to domm AT zsi.at. The more the merrier.

If possible (ie Sponsors) there will be a speakers' dinner.

Presentations may be in German or English.

Cost
====

There are three rates, which aren't yet definite:

* People with low budgets, students, the unemployed will participate for free
* People with average budgets will pay about 20 Euros (plus/minus 5)
* People with large budgets (eg people whose employers cover the cost)
  pay about 75 Euros

Other
=====

Registration, hotel info etc will follow later. Watch this space!

The workshop takes place as part of the Coded Culture Congress.
Additional information when it becomes available.
----- schnipp -----

Nicholas Clark