[VPM] http 1.1 compression and cgi output

Jer A jeremygwa at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 25 12:58:55 PDT 2009

hi all,

so I have this cgi that returns data from a database, that has over 13,000 possible queries for output.
some of the queries output alot of data.

I would like to use http 1.1 compression (deflate,GZip), but as this is a cgi script, I do not want to much of a performance hit....I try to load minimal modules (please note: I do not use CGI.pm)
I do not think that caching the compressed data will be any good, as it will make my database huge, and I do not have alot of space, as well the db may be updated frequently.

I am new to working with databases, and http 1.1 compression, are there any alternatives?

-Jeremy