[VPM] [reccompsci] Re: So, no January meeting at all then?

Wed Jan 16 15:58:40 PST 2008

Angela,

I apologize now to the group and/or you if it looked like I was
trying to take charge and unilaterally cancel the January meeting.

Though I expressed it badly, what I really wanted was to confirm
whether it was happening or not since it didn't look like any final
decisions were made, but rather that only possibilities were raised,
and no actual meeting announcement was yet made.

I hoped from my language that it would come across that I was
treating the matter like a democracy and was raising a
motion/suggestion as a member for others to respond to.  It wasn't
just for my sake, but I was concerned that typically with no meeting
announcement, usually made several days in advance people won't know
whether it is happening or not, and won't know whether to go or not.

Anyway, now that this matter is clarified, I do intend to be there at
UVIC in ECS Room 130 tomorrow / thursday.  I may arrive slightly late
though, but I'll try to be on time.

Meanwhile, if you want to post an actual meeting announcement soon,
I'll forward it to some other mailing lists like I usually do to
spread the word.

-- Darren Duncan