[VPM] January meeting contest

Peter Scott Peter at PSDT.com
Tue Jan 1 16:10:48 PST 2008

So I thought that we could have a kind of contest associated with our
January meeting.  The meeting, if we hold it, would be on January
15.  Now a small logistical hitch is, where to have the meeting.  Mock,
can we go to Enquisite again?

I was thinking along the lines of, what's the most destructive script
you can come up with in under a hundred characters, for whatever you
consider 'destructive'.  The key here is to be creative; this is not a
quantitative measure.  Obviously

	`/bin/rm -rf /`

would win on a ratio of character count to chaos, but we're looking for
something more entertaining than that.

An alternative would be to create something that appears to be
destructive but really isn't, in the vein of Frank Sheiness' entry in
the Obfuscated Perl Contest at
http://www.foo.be/docs/tpj/issues/vol2_3/tpj0203-0012.html .  This type
of program could be up to a thousand characters.

The people who come up with entries would explain them at the
meeting.  Feel free to suggest alternative material for the meeting.
--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies