[VPM] rfc, re 2nd draft of my OSCON/YAPC talk proposal on Muldis D/DB

Sun Feb 3 19:22:54 PST 2008

Hello,

If anyone is willing to respond to me in private (or in public if you
prefer), I would appreciate any quick critiques on my proposal for a
45-minute talk on my Muldis D/DB project for OSCON 2008, the
proposals being due at the end of tomorrow/monday.  (Its already
submitted, but I can edit it.)  Following OSCON's due date, I'll
submit it to YAPC NA as well (possibly for a 20-min slot instead).

I have already had my first draft (not announced) looked at by 2
people (David Wheeler and Peter Duncan), and this second draft
incorporates their feedback and improvements:

     http://darrenduncan.net/OSCON/OSCON2008SessionProposal.txt

Note that the proposal is intentionally more marketing-driven, for
grabbing people's attention, than ordinary documentation.

So for example I used some terms I wouldn't normally use in the
standard project documentation, or used some terms more informally,
just to quickly catch people's attention based on the more-commonly
understood meanings of the terms ("object-relational" for example
being the commonly understood term for relational tools that let
users define their own types and operators, though plain truly
relational actually requires those features).

Any further feedback is appreciated, with the aim of the proposal
being attractive to the committee first, then attendees later, while
not misleading.

Also note that the brief marketing description is limited to 400
characters, and is now 396, so any changes can't make it longer.

Thank you. -- Darren Duncan