[VPM] November meeting (was Re: What happened last night?)

Wed Oct 17 16:43:56 PDT 2007

At 3:14 PM -0700 10/17/07, peter at psdt.com wrote:
>  > On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 01:42:10PM -0700, Tyler MacDonald wrote:
>>>  Darren Duncan <darren at DarrenDuncan.net> wrote:
>>>  > Tell your friend that meetings only actually happen if there is an
>>>  > explicit announcement for it, and there wasn't any for yesterday.  It
>>>  > is unreliable to go otherwise.  (And yes, this same problem happened
>>>  > to me once.)
>>>
>>>    Can somebody update http://victoria.pm.org/ then? :-)
>
>Argh, I thought I had.  Sorry, all.  Especially to a newcomer.
>
>>>  > Also, hopefully we'll have a November meeting, but it will probably
>>>  > be in a different location, outside UVIC.
>>>
>>>    Right on, I'm looking forward to it :-)
>>>
>>>	- Tyler
>>
>>  So... uh... this means I'm gonna talk in November right?  About finding
>>  vulnerabilities in perl programs?  On the 20th?  At the Enquisite/Metamend
>>  offices?
>
>Yes, I certainly hope so.
>
>I'm in Japan at the moment, with limited connectivity.

It is also my hope and expectation that we will meet at Enquisite on
the 20th November for VPM.

Besides Mock's talk, unless that will take up the whole meeting, I
will also talk about Muldis DB.

I'll be giving my first, shorter talk on it next week at RCSS (see
the forward), and then at VPM I could give a more full one and/or a
follow-up, which should be better in any event since the project will
be a month more developed by then.

P.S.  Mock, if your talk will include DBIx-Class as examples (like
your last talk), there is a slight chance it may have evolved in
security impacting ways during that time.

-- Darren Duncan