[VPM] Victoria.pm Meeting?

Tue Oct 2 11:38:27 PDT 2007

At 6:26 PM -0700 9/27/07, Peter Scott wrote:
>The founder of SPUG, probably the first PM, said that possibly the most
>critical factor in growth was sticking to a regular schedule, which is
>what I've done.  It hasn't led to growth, but maybe things would have
>been worse without it.  I'd sooner wait until November 20,
>frankly.  Also, we advertise this schedule on the web site, not that
>that can't be changed, but it constitutes some kind of outreach.

As a heads-up, it is now being bandied about for today's RCSS meeting
to be delayed 2 weeks again like September's, but this time because
we only came up with content by today, which is too late for
announcing etc.  If this went ahead, it would conflict with the
Victoria.pm for October, so besides Peter not missing out, that's
another reason for us to delay, or for them to not delay in this way.

At 1:15 PM -0700 10/1/07, Peter Scott wrote:
>At 07:55 PM 9/27/2007, Darren Duncan wrote:
>  >At 9:57 PM -0400 9/27/07, Abram Hindle wrote:
>>  >A controversial recommendation I have is to open up to Python and Ruby,
>...snip...
>>... general, in which
>>case we should just use RCSS.
>>
>>In particular, we should *not* open to PHP, nor Java, nor MS .*, nor C.*.
>
>I was thinking "Dynamic languages", but I can't think of any category
>that includes Perl, Ruby, and Python but excludes PHP.

Perhaps "general purpose dynamic languages"?

-- Darren Duncan