[VPM] Tue, 2007 June 5th, 7:00pm - June RCSS meeting

Mon Jun 4 14:05:52 PDT 2007

This message is forwarded from the Recreational Computer Science
Society mailing list. -- Darren Duncan

-------------

Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 11:49:06 -0700
From: "Peter van Hardenberg" <pvh at pvh.ca>
To: reccompsci at googlegroups.com
Subject: [reccompsci] June Meeting Reminder
	contact reccompsci-owner at googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

this month marks the one year anniversary of RCSS. I'll bring some
treats to celebrate. In the last year, we've discussed image
recognition algorithms, heard about security faults, seen new
developments in language design, learned how making a move in
Minesweeper was computationally interesting, and talked a lot about
programming. We've looked at people's implementations of their own
projects, heard about professor's research, and reviewed papers. I'm
definitely looking forward to the years to come!

As always:

Recreational Computer Science Society
Tuesday, June 5th
7:00 PM
UVic campus, ECS104
(the last lecture hall on your left when entering from ring road).

Here is the schedule for tomorrow's meeting:
  - dynamic/static typing discussion followed by a demo of type
inference (Adam Parkin)
  - TAOCP (Volume 4) a quick introduction (Richard Body)
  - celebrate a successful first year!

There *might* be something else, but probably not. I'd also like to
take a few minutes at the end to recruit a bit of extra help with
keeping the group running.  I will be out of town for the August
meeting and I want to ensure that everything will run at least as
smoothly as when I am around.

See you all there,

-pvh

--