[VPM] combined May meeting for RCSS, Victoria.pm?

Peter Scott Peter at PSDT.com
Wed Apr 25 18:34:13 PDT 2007

At 05:41 PM 4/25/2007, Darren Duncan wrote:
>Citing the following 2 quoted emails (though with some further
>developments excluded), it occurs to me that the 2 local groups RCSS
>and Victoria.pm may be able to help each other out for the month of
>May by combining into one meeting.
>
>Specifically, RCSS has a room at UVIC (and a larger attending
>membership), but not really any talk.  Whereas, Victoria.pm has a
>good talk (and few attending members), but it doesn't really have a
>room.
>
>I propose that "mock" give his talk to the RCSS group on the first
>tuesday of May, and the Victoria.pm people attend this meeting as if
>it were a VPM meeting (and I'm in both anyway).
>
>It is still 6 days until May 1st, so there is still time to organize.
>
>Note that RCSS meetings traditionally have multiple talks, so we
>could do mock's presentation plus others that either group's members
>want to do.  (Eg, there was mention of throwing something together
>about Oracle's optimizer.)

This is great news.  My only regret is that I will not be there since I
will be on travel all next week.  If you stick to that schedule, have
fun without me.  Sorry I won't get to see mock's talk.  Consider this a
single vote for rescheduling.

--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies