[VPM] the April meeting that wasn't

Wed Apr 18 02:46:07 PDT 2007

All,

It seems that today I made the mistake of not posting to the list a
confirmation request as to whether the April 17th Victoria.pm meeting
was happening today, but rather just took the victoria.pm.org web
site at its word.

I travelled to Victoria today and went to the usual location at UVIC,
but the door was locked upstairs, and the alternate downstairs room
was occupied by others, and none others of us were there.  I then
went home early.

But still that was several hours wasted due to unnecessary travel.

Take that as a lesson learned, and always ask when there isn't a list
post that announces that a meeting is happening or canceled.

-- Darren Duncan