[VPM] online notes/slides for my database talk

Sat Oct 21 03:01:35 PDT 2006

Regarding the database talk that I proposed 2 weeks ago to give in
November to RCSS and VPM, I have today started preparing actual
slides and notes, so that the presentation is not ad-hoc and should
be better quality.

To get a preview of what the talk may be like, you can see those
notes as they progress to be developed, online at:

http://svn.openfoundry.org/pugs/docs/talks/rdbms_tutorial_draft.txt

(I've committed it to the Pugs distro since I believe the material
can be relevant to including some RDBMS-like functionality into Perl
6 itself.)

A few pages of notes are there already, and they cover matters of the
science underlying relational databases, and definitions of the core
RDBMS data types.

These notes are primarily relevant to the RCSS talk, since the VPM
talk is mainly to walk through my implementation.

Over the next couple of weeks, significantly more content will be
added, and things will be split or summarized, so to evolve into
something orderly and presentable.

Peter van Hardenberg, regarding your announcement or poster for RCSS,
hopefully what is posted so far will give you something to work with
as to a description.  If you can't derive material for your
announcement or poster from that, then let me know.  Of course, I
will continue to evolve it over the coming days.

-- Darren Duncan

P.S.  If the material moves to a different url, I will announce it at the time.