[VPM] Fwd: Perl-Freelancer needed (remote)

Thu Oct 5 19:52:35 PDT 2006

I don't know if its appropriate to post these
here, but I received the following email today
from someone wanting to subcontract a Perl
programmer for a specific task; I am not
available to do it, but in case some of you are
looking for work? -- Darren Duncan

--------------

From: downes at eurochannel.de
Subject: Perl-Freelancer needed
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 12:19:48 +0200
To: <perl at darrenduncan.net>

We are customizing an Auction Software which it
is originally from Mewsoft and which it is
written in Perl using a MySQL database.
We have already introduced some further features
and improvements on it but still need some work
to be done.
Due to other commitments we want to subcontract
this job to an experienced and well versed Perl
programmer acquainted with this type of projects
(PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU PERSONALLY DO NOT FULFILL THIS REQUIREMNT).
You may see the originally software at

http://www.mewsoft.com/

and our development at

http://www.printeverywhere.com/auction_dev/cgi/auction.cgi

After finishing this phase and going online we
need to keep the development and maintenance of
this system on steady bases and it is our
intention
to keep working with same partner we choose for this job.

1) Implement a “My Messages" ("My Folders"),
similar a eBay where to administrate the incoming
and out going messages from users and
administration

2) Extend the existing one level administration
to a three tier level with lowered control and
access privileges for additional administrators.

3) When submitting and item for selling, to have
the possibility to suggest a new category at any
path level. The administrators can view and act
upon suggested categories.

4) When registering the user should have to
possibility to set up the calendar format
(dd.mm.yyyy) or (mm.dd.yyyy) and time zone he
wants to be displayed at the Site

5) Integrate the existing Advertisers Accounts
and Billing System so that we can generate
automatically invoices for their campaigns.
(paying per Klick or per exposure)

6) Finish the already started "Cross Promotion"
chargeable function. When a user sees an item
from a seller some other items should be
displayed at the end of the items page (eBay
similar).

7) Implement Windows / Excel Bulk Lister which
enables the user to list items to the system
without having to visit the site.

8) PayPal integrated end of auction checkout:
Buyers and sellers with a PayPal account can
seamlessly conclude the sales of items with the
end of auction combined PayPal checkout.

9) Improve the existing internal messaging system
with a better outlook and adding some extra
information about other ongoing auctions,
extending this to items I am watching and current
auctions status.

10) Finish the already started shop feature.  ( eBay Like)

11) We have introduced some new functions and
features to the original current version from
Mewsoft, and there are still some bugs which has
to be fixed or functions to be

Improved, complete or tuned-up. Besides this
there are a couple of software updates from
Mewsoft which has to be added to the running
version.

If you are interested in doing the job, please
quote us a lump-sum for this package.

Regards

Walter Downes
Online Microsystems