[VPM] perl process security

Jer A jeremygwa at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 8 16:15:44 PDT 2006

hello all,

I am working on a project and need some security advice. how secure are
strings running in perl process? I am using string scalars to inject/embed
(Ruby/Python)code into a Ruby/Python etc, piped child processes. considering
the user does not have access to the perl code, how can I lockdown a perl
process to prevent perl scalar memory from being read, from outside the
process? also is there any security risk when passing  data (scalar string
values (large ones)) to a child process?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

-Jeremy A