[VPM] GPL v3 first draft published - check it out!

Mon Jan 16 13:30:26 PST 2006

As scheduled, the first draft of the new GPL v3 license has been
published by the Free Software Foundation.

See http://gplv3.fsf.org/ for the license itself, rationale
information, and a forum in which to leave your comments on it.

I have read the entire license, and part of the rationale.  In my own
reading, it looks good and I don't recognize any parts that would be
problematic.  And I see parts that are improvements.  Its also quite
easy to read, and I'm not a lawyer.

Barring some strange unresolved revelation, I plan to explicitly
relicense my own work under this version 3, which was previously
"version 2 or later" once it finalizes in the next 6-12 months.

-- Darren Duncan