[VPM] Object Oriented Perl

Peter Scott Peter at PSDT.com
Fri Feb 24 12:44:49 PST 2006

At 11:58 AM 2/24/2006, Alan Wardroper wrote:
>Enjoyed the last presentation on Class::Std and WWW::Maximizer, some of
>which went a bit over my head. Which brings me to the point - anyone
>have a copy of Damian Conway's Object Oriented Perl for sale? New to
>Victoria too, so if anyone knows of a good bookstore for
>technology-related books in town (competitive with online sellers--is
>there such a thing?), esp used, would appreciate a pointer.

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/1884777791/qid=1140813481/sr=8-3/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i3_xgl14/702-8683230-9062400
$32

http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=657177173&searchurl=sts%3Dt%26an%3Dconway%26y%3D8%26tn%3Dobject-oriented%2Bperl%26x%3D38
$25 USD + shipping from USA.

The book is actually increasing in value due to being out of print and
in demand.  Rumour has it that Manning is going to do a reprint but it
is only a rumor.

However, OOP is a bit dated now (2000) and I'd recommend Perl Best
Practices instead:

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596001738/qid=1140813804/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i2_xgl14/702-8683230-9062400
$37
--