[VPM] Perl Mongers Meeting tomorrow

Peter Scott Peter at PSDT.com
Mon Feb 20 07:52:00 PST 2006

Victoria.pm will meet at its regular date and time tomorrow, Tuesday,
February 21, 7pm, at UVic, in Harry Hickman building, room 116.

I will give two talks on modules of great practicality: WWW::Mechanize
(how to automate interaction with web sites), and Class::Std (Damian
Conway's new module for clean object-oriented class construction).  I
will have some examples and news of the latter not currently publically
documented.

We have room for other topics, so if you either want to present
something or hear about something, contact me.  Presentations need not
be restricted to Perl; we can learn by expanding our horizons so Ruby,
Python, and Haskell, for instance, are all valid.  Topics in functional
or O-O programming, parsing, or data structures are equally useful.

(Courtesy copy to VLUG members by permission of the list
manager.  Victoria.pm's home page is <http://victoria.pm.org/>.)
--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies