[VPM] Meeting?

Tue Nov 8 13:46:08 PST 2005

At 11:47 AM -0800 11/8/05, Peter Scott wrote:
>Shall we meet as usual next week?  Anyone got a topic?  Would anyone
>like to present on topics in Perl 6, for instance?

I could possibly talk about my current plans to quickly implement an
ACID-compliant relational database in pure perl, mainly as a
reference implementation of Rosetta rather than for long term use,
since it will have perl 5 and perl 6 versions, and I'm working to
have it made "real soon now".  This and other database access stuff,
since I have a lot of changes to report since last time.

I can't promise that I would have a working demo by then, or a slide
show, or handouts, but I can try.

Note that other perl 6 people like autrijus are now desiring for a
perl 6 native DBI, real soon for pugs testing purposes, which I was
asked to deliver, and Rosetta will be my first implementation of such.

Other topics and questions can fill time if necessary, though I could
bring up interesting things for the whole time.

Either way, the meeting *should* go ahead.

-- Darren Duncan