[VPM] list problem

Thu May 12 12:14:53 PDT 2005

At 11:47 AM -0700 5/12/05, Peter Scott wrote (privately):
>Did you see the last two messages from you and me come through the
>list with all the lines run together?  I want to make sure it's not
>my client before I complain.

My last posting came back to me just as I sent it, with 2 text blocks
quoting you, and 6 blocks of my reply, plus my signiture.

Your reply to that posting smushes everything I said into one paragraph.

I did notice, however, that the text of the last email I sent had an
"x-charset utf-8" tag pair surrounding it, whereas my post of 3 days
earlier did not.

Perhaps something with your mailer is seeing that and not treating my
line breaks as line breaks.

Since I didn't update my mailer (Eudora 6.2.1) in that time, I
suspect a list manager update may have added the tag.

However, my mailer displays the message as I intended, and it is
formatted plain text internally, how I send all my messages.

-- Darren Duncan