[VPM] greetings and brief introduction

Greg Maruszeczka greg at grokking.org
Tue Jun 7 09:44:21 PDT 2005

Hi all;

I just joined the list and am planning to attend my first PM meeting in
a couple of weeks but I thought maybe this might be a good time to say
"hello" and introduce myself. I hope this is considered appropriate for
this list. Otherwise, please excuse the noise :)

A couple of months ago I moved here with my family from Ottawa. There I
spent the last three years running a small consulting company, providing
desktop and LAN support services to local business. Having given up my
consulting business to move to Vancouver Island I'm kind
of...er...between jobs at the moment. That's okay, though, because it
will give me more time to concentrate on Perl.

I'm coming to Perl from a predominantly non-technical, liberal arts
educational background so it's been a considerable challenge getting up
to speed on all the fundamentals the average CS grad takes for granted.
Still, I've had some basic exposure to C, Javascript and PHP but have
the most experience (and appreciation for) Perl even if I'm still pretty
much a novice. Currently, I'm spending most of my time on unix system
administration and improving my programming skills with the intent of
seeking gainful employment in either or both.

Thanks for your time and I'm looking forward to meeting you all on the 21st.

Have a great day!