[VPM] high paying Perl job near Los Angeles CA

Thu Feb 17 13:57:21 PST 2005

Here's another job posting I got sent through my web site today.
Taking it would probably mean you move away from our local community,
but what the hey.
-- Darren Duncan

-------------------

Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:43:42 -0800
From: gary kravetz/NCC <gary at nccx.com>
To: Darren Duncan <site at DarrenDuncan.net>
Subject: Website of Darren Duncan -- Private Mail Message

This e-mail was sent at 2005-02-17 20:43:42 UTC
by the web site "Website of Darren Duncan",
which is located at "http://www.darrenduncan.net/default.pl".
It is the result of a form submission from a site visitor,
"gary kravetz/NCC" <gary at nccx.com>.
From: 64.4.143.50 64.4.143.50.
The visitor also requested a copy be sent to them.

Q: Your Message

Are you interested in a long term job paying up to $150K in E
Ventura, CA County(near Los Angeles county, CA)

  Please respond with your resume & availablity if you are interested
& qualified.

Description of Responsibilities:
- Maintain and enhance serving system.
- Master comprehensive understanding of existing system architecture.
- Identify and remove system performance bottlenecks.
- Design and write high-performance, reliable, and maintainable code.

Skills / Education Requirements:
- 4+ years software development experience.
- Perl / mod_perl application development Required.
- Familiarity with Object Oriented development techniques.
- Relational Database experience (MySQL or Oracle preferred).
- Apache on Unix experience.
- Experience with scalable architecture for internet systems.
- Unix based development environment.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science / Mathematics preferred.

Experience with popups, popunders, banners, & other Web advertising
techniques is a plus.

Work Environment:
- Work closely with a team of core developers.
- Several team participants widely recognized in the Perl development
community.