[VPM] Kudos and well wishes to Abram

Peter Scott Peter at PSDT.com
Wed Aug 17 13:32:18 PDT 2005

Last night's Victora Perl Mongers meeting was a success, with several
new people attending.  We looked at slide shows of OSCON and then did a
brief tutorial with solving a small filesystem-type problem, then
making the result into a maintainable robust solution, and then going
in the other direction and turning it into a one-liner.

Last night was also Abram Hindle's last time at VPM.  Abram has been to
every meeting starting with the first one, and has been booking the
room for us for nearly all of that time.  In addition, he has given
some of the most popular presentations, including IRC, gaming, and
Parse::RecDescent.  Abram is off to U Waterloo to pursue a PhD in
computer science and on behalf of the Victoria Perl Mongers, I wish him
a safe trip and exciting research.  Thank you!
--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies