[VPM] Types of LAN's for compatibility

Jeremy Aiyadurai jeremygwa at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 11 16:50:53 CDT 2004

hi Darren,

>Since you're on a LAN, there are usually only 254 possible IP addresses (at
>least with a normal LAN),
what makes a LAN, a normal LAN?
how many types a LAN's are there, and what would be the ip ranges?
eg. my lan is 192.168.1.* (eg. * = 1 - 254).

The reason i am asking these questions is I dont know too much about lan
computing, but need
to know, so my client/server app, will be able to work on any type of lan.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy A.