[VPM] Minorly tweaked program used in July meeting

Peter Scott Peter at PSDT.com
Wed Jul 21 19:24:54 CDT 2004

At 11:56 PM 7/20/2004, Darren Duncan wrote:
>Following the July meeting, where 4 people besides myself showed up, I
>have made 3 small tweaks to the program that I posted this
>afternoon.  The updated version is attached, and this is the last time
>I would likely be posting it.
>
>One fixed a bug where a person's mother didn't show up in the list.
>Another followed Peter's suggestion and explicitely put double-quotes
>around the here-doc boundary token.  Another cleaned up the visible
>menu slightly, putting separators between the menu items.
>
>Now that the meeting is over, I do not plan to update this program
>further, unless doing so would benefit a future meeting (you guys will
>have to tell me).
>
>Meanwhile, experiment with the program code as you see fit.
>
>-- Darren Duncan
>
>P.S. My first major task this week is to get the first FUNCTIONAL
>release of Rosetta out the door, and publically announced, prior to
>the start of OSCON 2004 and the DBI related forums therein.

I would like to thank Duncan for his talk and demonstration of his
code, which I think is remarkably clean.  I did not know about
DBD::SQLite before this talk, but now I expect to use it a lot.

--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies