[VPM] Victoria Perl Mongers meeting July 20

Peter Scott Peter at PSDT.com
Wed Jul 7 16:02:00 CDT 2004

Victoria.pm will meet at its regular date, time, and place on Tuesday,
July 20, 7pm, at UVic.  Abram reserved CIT 120 as usual; email if you
don't know how to get there.

Darren Duncan will give... "a presentation I gave to the Victoria
Macintosh Users Group 2 years ago about how to make a simple personal
genealogy database using FileMaker Pro (similar target users as Access,
but much better).

"The adapted version will use SQLite as the database, and the interface
will be a simple Perl program that uses DBI and DBD::SQLite.  As with
the VMUG meeting, I will distribute the instructions/nodes (and code in
this case) in advance (by posting them to this list; with VMUG it was
in the monthly newsletter).  You will be able to try it out and
experiment with modifications in advance.  Then at the meeting I will
go over the instructions verbally and demonstrate the program
working.  I will also field questions, plus have an interactive session
where we can modify the database or make a different one and write
working Perl code to manipulate it."

Other topics to be covered as time permits; make requests for anything
particular.

(Courtesy copy to VLUG members by permission of the list
manager.  Victoria.pm's home page is <http://victoria.pm.org/>.)

Note: CIT has now been renamed to the Harry Hickman Building although
the signs still say CIT until approximately September.
--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies