[VPM] No Victoria Perl Mongers tonight

Peter Scott Peter at PSDT.com
Tue Dec 21 13:18:32 CST 2004

There will be no December meeting of the Victoria Perl Mongers, this
being too deep into the holidays.  The next meeting will be at the
regularly scheduled date of January 18, at a UVic location to be
determined (Abram...?).  I hae proposed that we entertain ourselves
with an exploration of Damian Conway's SelfGOL.   See
http://libarynth.f0.am/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Libarynth/SelfGOL for source.

Yes, it's obfuscated (duh).  But that doesn't mean that this will be
(entirely) an exercise in unrolling useless obfuscation
techniques.  We'll discover quite a few useful and interesting features
of Perl along the way, useful and understandable to beginners and
experts.  In fact, Conway bases an entire seminar on this topic
(http://damian.conway.org/Seminars/Extreme.html).  We don't have as
long as he usually takes, so we may not finish.  But we'll have fun
nonetheless.  If you have a copy of the Camel or a laptop with Perl's
documentation installed, bring it along, it may come in handy.

Happy Holidays.  And remember the Perl 2004 Advent Calendar:
http://perladvent.org/2004/ .
--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies