[VPM] Victoria Perl Mongers meeting August 17 - correction

Peter Scott Peter at PSDT.com
Wed Aug 11 12:36:02 CDT 2004

[Subject was right, body was legacy, now fixed - thanks, Adam!]

Victoria.pm will meet at its regular date and time on Tuesday, August
17, 7pm, at UVic.  The meeting room will be confirmed in another email
the day before.  (Abram, please let me know by *two* days before :-)

Abram Hindle will give a talk on Parse::RecDescent.  I am looking
forward to this as I have a few projects coming up that need or will
benefit from this.  Basically, the answer to any question starting, "I
want to parse a grammar/syntax/language" is Parse::RecDescent.  Created
by Damian Conway, this module does everything you can think of and a
lot more besides to do with parsing and grammars, and makes it so easy
that there's no point in considering "roll-your-own" as a solution again.

Other topics to be covered as time permits; make requests for anything
particular.

Peter Scott will give away a small book of Tim O'Reilly's thinkings on
Open Source and the future (not available in stores!)  Darren Duncan
also has a duplicate printed copy of "The Perl Review" v1 #0 which will
be given away.

(Courtesy copy to VLUG members by permission of the list
manager.  Victoria.pm's home page is <http://victoria.pm.org/> and
contains meeting information.)
--
Peter Scott