[VPM] problem solved (was Re: strange warning I'm getting)

Tue Sep 9 12:18:41 CDT 2003

I'm just writing again to let you know that my problem was solved, so no response is necessary.

I had also posted it on another list, and got this as a response:

At 11:58 AM -0500 9/9/03, Dave Rolsky wrote:
>The real warning is come from a line inside the "if ..." block.  Perl's
>parser seems to get confused about line numbers whenever there's a
>conditional block.
>-dave

So, following on that suggested line of reasoning, I tracked down the problem in a few minutes.

For those interested, the solution was to add a "$parent and " to the first elsif block, as shown below.

-- Darren Duncan

if( !$def_parent ) {
    # do nothing (or throw error)

} elsif( $parent and $container->{$PROP_ALL_NODES}->{$def_parent}->{$parent} ) {
    # PARENT matches a valid node id that we can link to.
    $parent = $container->{$PROP_ALL_NODES}->{$def_parent}->{$parent};