[VPM] CGI questions, and O'Reilly

Peter Scott Peter at PSDT.com
Fri May 16 04:48:00 CDT 2003

At 05:40 PM 5/15/2003 -0700, Nathanael Kuipers wrote:
>  I'm also getting
>infuriating warnings from Perl as follows:
>

>[Thu May 15 17:54:23 2003] test.cgi: Use of uninitialized value in length at
>(eval 8) line 11.
>[Thu May 15 17:54:23 2003] test.cgi: Use of uninitialized value in join or
>string at (eval 15) line 15.
>[Thu May 15 17:54:23 2003] test.cgi: Use of uninitialized value in join or
>string at (eval 15) line 15.
>
>I'm not sure what these mean, or if I should worry about them since they
>don't
>hinder in any way the generation of my form page.  Question 2: What is the
>concencus on this?

I am consensed that all warnings should be eliminated.  If you're not
generating undef values deliberately then you should look at why they are
happening.

I don't get any warnings from running your attached test.cgi.  Those
messages really came from the same script? You may have a broken CGI.pm.
--
Peter Scott
peter at psdt.com
http://www.perldebugged.com