[VPM] converting objects to/from xml

Mon Jul 14 22:08:28 CDT 2003

> >O'Reilly's "Perl & XML" is excellent for this kind of thing.  From
>>reading Chapter 6, I think you can do:
>
>If you are interested in giving this book a looksee, Darren, I am happy to
>lend it to you at our next meeting (or before, if you happen to be on campus
>at any time, since I work there).
>
>Cheers,
>
>Nathanael

Thank you, Nathanael, I would look forward to reading it.  I don't plan to be at UVIC anytime soon, although I will be downtown for the rest of this week and next week.

Peter and Doug, thank you both for your module suggestions.  I gave both XML::TreeBuilder and XML::Simple a look.  They both hold promise.

That said, given that I now understand SAX a bit better, given the references to it in XML::Simple POD (which uses it), I will probably revisit this as a possible ideal solution, in combination with existing modules which convert XML to SAX events and those converting SAX events to XML.  Time will tell.

Thank you and have a good day. -- Darren Duncan