[VPM] [RFC] SQL::AST (SQL Abstract Syntax Tree) - DBI related

Malcolm Dew-Jones yf110 at victoria.tc.ca
Mon Aug 11 18:04:19 CDT 2003

Personally when I see AST I think of VMS and A-Synchronous Traps.

I notice that a google search shows the achronym AST is used for many
computer related things besides abstract syntax trees.

The CPAN rules suggest avoiding achronyms.

On the other hand I find the name SQL::AbstractSyntaxTree to be pretty
much self explanatory, unlike the shorter variations, and the only issue
is that is a little bit long.  I'm not sure that shortening the name of
the module is a sensible "optimization" of anything.

The code a programmer needs to write could still be be pleasantly terse

	$ast = new SQL::AbstractSyntaxTree();

	$ast->Method()... etc.

$0.02