[VPM] Mysql - Insert question

Scott scott at raindog2.no-ip.org
Mon Apr 28 20:13:18 CDT 2003

Hi,
  I'm only just starting to learn perl so please bare with me.

I've written a small script that should update a table on an mysql db.

so far I can connect to mysql be autheticated and create the table.
I  have verified that all the varibles contain what there supposed to have
but the INSERT fails with the message  "DBD::mysql::db do failed: You have
an error in your SQL syntax near ' 22342132)'  at line 2 at net-space.pl
line 50, <INFILE1> line 24."

<snip>
$SQL = "INSERT INTO $tablename ( host, share, jobnum, kbused ) VALUES (
$hostname, $sharename, $jobnum, $kbused)";

$InsertRecord = $dbh->do($SQL);
</snip>

Online examples show that the above should work..

Any help / pointers would be appreciated.

Scott