September Victoria.pm meeting

Mon Sep 9 11:55:47 CDT 2002

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, abez wrote:
> We keep attempting a talk on OOP-Perl BUT there usually aren't enough
> people to make it worth it so we discuss solutions to people's current
> problems and other perl related fun.

For the present I agree with this idea.  Just make up a topic at the
meeting itself, based on what people who are there need to know or want
help with or want to share.

Personally, I like OOP and use it wherever
possible in Perl programs of any decent size.  More specifically, I use
OOP for all of my CGI scripts and web applications.  The main places where
I don't use OOP is for smaller scripts where, for example, I am extracting
data from a text file and outputting derived data.  But that is just
because said scripts are relatively simple (100-200 lines); when these
become more complicated, like my 10,000+ line web/database apps, they will
go OOP.  I find OOP makes is much easier to keep large programs organized,
easy to fix, and add features to.

-- Darren Duncan