You down with OOP...

Peter Scott Peter at PSDT.com
Mon Oct 21 12:53:58 CDT 2002

Cool.  You need to end the file with the magic

	1;

we discussed.  It is a coincidence that it happens to work without it
at the moment (and can anyone spot why?)

I've never bothered to do the strict type-checking like you're doing with

         ref($caller) or die "Invoked instance method on a class: $!";

There are modules that automate this and as much additional strictness
as you want, I believe.  I just don't use them.  Anyone got a favourite
they'd care to introduce?

Incidentally, how much data do you expect to end up storing in one of
these objects, and how many instances per execution?
--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies