suggest DBIx::Concept for module name?

Fri Nov 22 13:11:25 CST 2002

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Peter Scott wrote:
> Thanks.  Try these:
> DBIx::Transparent
> DBIx::NoSQL
> DBIx::SQLless
> DBIx::Portable

Thank you, Peter; they look like good suggestions.  Perhaps one of my
larger goals is to avoid the caller doing any sql (except in stored
procedures), so it might be good to mention it.  The 'Portable' angle was
also appealing and one of the first things I thought of; it would also
provide a bit of parity with my previous largeish abstraction project,
'CGI::Portable' (where rather than DBMSs, it is web server protocols or
their extension interfaces that are abstracted away).  'Portable' is also
short, which is good.  However, the main reason I was seeking other names
is because portability seemed to be on the verge of being over-used as
jargon, kind of like 'thinking outside the box'; using it doesn't have as
powerful an affect as it used to.  Of course, in the end it may turn out
to be exactly the right name to use.  But I'm still exploring other
options like the 'NoSQL' suggestion you made.  Thank you. -- Darren Duncan