Meeting topic

Mon Nov 18 16:07:16 CST 2002

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, abez wrote:
> Maybe we should do both.
>
> On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Peter Scott wrote:
> > I've had an inquiry as to tomorrow night's topic.  So we might as well
> > settle on one or two.  There was discussion about Darren Duncan talking
> > on XML/database modules, or the Perl Quiz-of-the-Week (currently
> > working on printing crossword puzzles and laying out trees in ASCII
> > art).  Comments, please.

I agree about doing both.

I should also warn you all that, regarding my talk, I wasn't able
to do any preparation on the weekend due to other commitments, and
probably wouldn't have more than an hour before the meeting to do so.
Therefore, please do not count on being provided any written materials,
and be prepared to write your own if you don't want to remember important
details in your head.  I apologize for this lack.

So what I will probably end up doing is an overview of DBI and XML stuff
with some examples, and answering your questions, verbally or on the
white-board.  I could probably follow up with some details on the mailing
list later.

-- Darren Duncan