[Van-pm] Perl Course at BCIT

Casimir Loeber casimir at base-10.net
Tue Jan 5 09:47:55 PST 2010

On Mon, 2010-01-04 at 17:14 -0800, Christie Wilson wrote:
> Hey everyone!
>
> So I've been talking with some people at BCIT about offering a Perl
> course. What do you guys think about that? Do you think there's a need
> for it? I know I had to teach myself Perl because there weren't any
> courses available. Would there be more need for a beginners Perl
> course for people who have never done any Perl, or an advanced course
> for people looking to learn more? Which would attract more students?
> Are there enough Perl shops hiring in the lower mainland to justify
> it?
>
> What do you guys think?
> - Christie Wilson

We would definitely sign up for such a course!! I can understand the
value of having a beginners course, but the advanced material is what
interests me. What would benefit my team the most would be in depth
coverage of Moose as well as advanced web application development with
Catalyst, DBIx::Class and other such technologies. If it even went so
far as to cover new age deployment of said web apps using Plack, Par,
etc.

After writing the above paragraph, what I have suggested might be a
better workshop then a course.. but I would still sign up for it!!

--
Casimir Loeber <casimir at base-10.net>
Base-10 Design & Development Inc.